- Wed, 18 Apr 2018 14:05:07 +0000: Nut-Free “Peanut Butter” Chocolate Chip Cookies - Simply Recipes
Birthdays and holidays in the daycare classroom involve some culinary creativity. Most schools are nut-free these days, and a lot of our son’s friends also have egg allergies or gluten sensitivities.
So recently I decided to develop a recipe for chocolate chip cookies that everyone could eat.
My secret ingredient? Sunflower butter! It imparts a nutty flavor similar to peanut butter, but is much more allergy-friendly.
- Wed, 18 Apr 2018 14:00:00 +0000: How to Make Creamy Sunflower Seed Butter - Simply Recipes
Before we had our toddler son, I used to make a lot of homemade pantry staples. Yogurt? Check. Bread? Check. Nut butter? Check. These days, though, because time is tight, many of our homemade staples have been replaced with good store-bought versions.
But I’m still making my nut and seed butter! It’s so quick and simple—and I like that you can control exactly what’s in it.
- Tue, 17 Apr 2018 14:00:23 +0000: 12 Easy Skillet Chicken Dinners - Simply Recipes
There never seem to be enough chicken recipes, am I right?
Here, we’ve put together some of our favorites for your weeknight (or weekend!) inspiration. They all have an eye toward expedience and efficiency, and are easily made in one skillet.
- Mon, 16 Apr 2018 14:00:07 +0000: Moo Goo Gai Pan (Chinese Chicken and Mushroom Stir Fry) - Simply Recipes
I spent most of my time in culinary school perpetually hungry (ironically). Like most college students, I was living on pennies and most of my meals came from our “Production 201” class—a course in which we prepared food for mass consumption.
On the rare occasion when I had a few bucks to spare, I would indulge in Chinese takeout. Moo Goo Gai Pan — Chinese Chicken and Mushroom Stir Fry — was my go-to meal.
- Sun, 15 Apr 2018 14:00:38 +0000: Mushroom Toast with Fried Egg - Simply Recipes
All you have to say is “eggs and toast” and I’m on board.
Add a mound of sautéed mushrooms on top, and now the dish looks and tastes like something more elaborate. It’s just eggs and toast, but the mushrooms elevate it. Instead of an everyday breakfast, suddenly it’s a brunch dish, a quick supper, or part of a menu for guests.
By Sterling on February 19, 2018